14.7.14

Weekly fruit prep

I have been pretty busy recently. Busy with the change-in-schedule-of-current-job-and-new-job. Let's see when I will get exhausted working in two places...I hope not.

Also, I missed my appointment to see my endo. And the appointment has to be postponed until early next month, my endo seems to be fully booked in July already. I need her to review back on my insulin doses and I want her advice on changing to analogue insulin. Die die also have to see her this month la. 

Working on tight schedule now as a dietitian, a tutor and also a volunteer. I don't even have time to draft out ideas for my blog. The recent blog idea that I came up with was one week ago, and now I kinda forgot what that idea was initially. Loll. 

Since, working life has been so far so busy (I hope I can settle down after this week!). The food that appears in my mind when I am in a rush is fast food. This is bad. Because I can't be eating fast food everyday! So, food preparations are helping me much to keep myself AWAY from eating junk food, fast food and processed food. 

I know...renting a room in a house which doesn't have a gas stove. How to cook? Cooking needs utensils and utilities. But, cutting fruits simply just requires a knife! Some fruits don't even need a knife!

Have been going to the market to buy one-person-quota fruits weekly.

Purposely bought a green banana because it ripen too fast in warm weather.

I am eating at least 2 serving of fruits everyday now. Making it as a habit. 
Oranges can be kept longer. The Pisang Berangan turned all yellow at night lolll, I bought these fruits and snapped this picture in the afternoon. Is my room too warm or what? Ending up eating 2 Banana and 1 Orange everyday for the past one week. Excellent bowel movement haha!

This week back to my hometown. More fruits available. Durians, rambutan and mangosteen season are finally in! I check my sugar like every 3 hours. Because when I want to enjoy and eat, I have to monitor and check more frequently. (I always tend to eat extra during fruits season). Fruits season can come to harm if I am reluctant to check loll.

Life as a diabetic means mindful eating

Mom cutting
Family eating from the watermelon bowl

My mom bought a big watermelon for the weather has been too hot. We were supposed to eat these cut-watermelons in the "watermelon bowl". But my mom made me eat from my own measuring cup. She was right, I wouldn't know how much I have eaten if I were to eat from this watermelon bowl. 

Well, sometimes, I eat very "emotionally". Sometimes, I almost forget about mindful eating, and I am glad that my mom pulls me back to reality every now and then loll. #lifeasadiabetic

No comments:

Post a Comment