31.7.14

C-routine

The 24/7 C-routine of a PWD (People With Diabetes) 

Yesterday night 11.30pm, pre-bed BG was 7.5mmol/L. Injected Insulatard 12 units. 
Set alarm at 4am. Off to bed.

Woke up in my dark room at 4am (nearly dozed off by muting the alarm loll, like what I usually did).
On my cell phone's light. Check my BG, it was 4.2mmol/L

Insulatard has a peak action, I know, I know. I should have eaten some food which raises my BG slowly (like half a cup of milk or 1 piece of plain biscuit). 

Who on earth would want to eat something at 4am and she was not even hungry! Well, a T1D has to do this. But, I just dozed off, after seeing the number 4.2 screened on my meter.

Come, guess what was my BG when I woke up at 8am this morning? 

Jeng...Jeng...Jeng...14.5mmol/L! (Dawn phenomena due to a noctural hypoglycemia)

How do you feel like when you off to bed with a nice BG, also a nice BG at 4am, then kanasai woke up with a screwed up reading. *inhales deeply. It's just another day of T1D.


24/7 C-routine means
  1. Carbs, carbs, carbs
  2. Count, count, count
  3. Check, check, check
  4. Correct, correct, correct
  5. Otherwise, I will Complicate my already very Complicated situation, and make it into real Complications.


Hopefully in the future there will be some great, safe and reasonable treatments to regenerate beta cells. Then only I can finally stop all these Cs. I appreciate all the great, excellent, wonderful insulin available currently, but inhaled insulin is something still very far from getting rid of the C-routine.  

Nevertheless, for all the PWD out there, (with my favourite homemade fries as background)


No comments:

Post a Comment