14.9.14

10 good things about diabetes

Obviously I hate diabetes. I can list down thousands of bad things about diabetes. I actually crack my head for these 10 good ones. 

But, life is about finding simple happiness even at your toughest moment, right? 
Yes, so today I am going to list out 10 good things about #T1DM, for me, at least. 

#1: Toleration to needles.

One example of toleration: I always do my injections in the car. Mostly moving cars. For countless time.

#2: Toleration to blood scene.

I have bigger response when I see a huge pimple on my face, than when I smear blood on my white bed sheet/cloth.

#3: Better diet. Better lifestyle.

I eat mindfully. I eat well for the sake of diabetes control. (I eat all the things that you eat, just that I eat with IQ and EQ and whatever QQQ, for most of the time)

#4: More health checks.

I draw blood every 3 months. I see the doctor 4 times/year. I check my eyes yearly. (Hmm not sure if visiting to hospital for health checks so frequently is a good thing lol)

#5: Mutual stranger friends.

I chat with T1D strangers. Can't believe I actually talked to strangers spontaneously. And yeah, now I enjoy making friends with strangers now! (Of course, strangers with T1D only la)

#6: I learn not to judge people.

Because some people irritated me so much when they judge me just by seeing some numbers. So, I promised that I will not give the same irritating feelings to other people.

#7: People concern about you more.

Actually, I am not sure if it's a good thing or what. I tend to back off a little bit when someone keeps an extra eye on me, because they think I am very vulnerable. lolll. (I will feel geli/awkward a bit when someone concerns about me overly, but deepest appreciation from me!)

#8: Wonderful sweet treats at home.

There is always chocolate in the fridge. Juice box in the fridge. Candies on the table. Coke in the car and Mentos in your pocket. (For hypo's sake)

#9: A reason to excuse yourself.

When people want to offer you more alcohol or extra food, and you actually don't feel like taking any more. Just tell them, sorry, you may offer other people. 

#10: Job employment.

Ah! Something new right? Last time I used to think that companies might not want to employ me because I am unfit/unwell. But now, totally different. Because I might be in a better position to do that job, than other well people.

Memes from http://imagestointrigue.blogspot.com/2012/03/exclusive-memes.html

2 comments:

  1. Have read through some of your post. Found out that you are such a strong & cheerful girl.
    Stay positive, girl. Have a good day!
    Stay healthy, Stay pretty! Cheer~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. It's okay. Everything happens for a reason, for good reason :)

      Delete