19.6.15

Post Prandial Glucose (PPG)

We say, we people with diabetes are always living inside the window of 4-8mmol/L. Diabetes does not stop at aiming at how good your fasting or pre-meal blood glucose readings are. It is about lowering the glucose variability. Yea it's about stopping the roller coaster in sugar sanity. Right, once a while, sugar still makes you ride on a roller coaster, I know. 


To handle this rollar coaster, to stay inside the window. Enormous things to consider, and most of it can't be measured. You can only assume, predict, wild-guess.

Did I miss out anything at all?

I have been doing a lots of Dual Wave lately. And it really helps in my lunch (which is usually higher in fat) and my dinner (I eat brown rice, lots of green and I love to squeeze lemon juices on my veges. Because the sourness and vege taste always match well and it makes the vege colour stays beautiful!).

Dual Wave (one of the Bolus Wizard Feature in pump) is the meal bolus being delivered into 2 parts: Immediate bolus and Extended bolus, in the amount and time frame decided by me.

That day I was so concentrating on my food, GI and dual wave, until I had forgotten that I had been running up and down the staircase. And CGM graph became like this without me noticing.

Only realised it when the alarm sounded
Then I tell myself, stop being a perfectionist at the asshole diabetes window.
Inhales.
Life continues.

No comments:

Post a Comment