6.2.13

Hormones

Insulin is a type of hormones. I myself, my poor pancreas no longer produces this hormone. So I have to take insulin from outside, through injections.

And what makes diabetes hard to control is I am a FEMALE.
I have other hormones like estrogen and progesterone that might interfere the efficiency of insulin in taking up glucose in blood. These estrogen and progesterone are especially high during ovulation period.


I guess during the PMS days, not only my MOOD is affected, my ACNE starts popping up and most important is my SUGAR is affected too!



Therefore, I have to decide on a higher unit of Insulatard (pre-bed insulin) for the time being. 
But, a higher unit of pre-bed insulin might cause NOCTURAL HYPOGLYCEMIA too.
This really frustrates me alots! ARGH!


p/s: PLEASE my dear hormones, you all are one big family which made up of polypeptides, for goodness sake, can't you all just treat each other well and fair?! *eye rolling sighed

No comments:

Post a Comment