20.2.13

Beijing trip

Came back two days ago from Beijing. For a Malaysian, the weather in Beijing was very very tremendously cold.
In Malaysia, the average temperature is about 27 degree Celcius. And the warmest can go up to 33 degree Celcius.

And guess what happen to my sugar when I was at Beijing, where the temperature was 20 to 30 degree Celcius LOWER!

My body burnt sugar like crazy. I checked my sugar every 4 hours. hypo-checked again-hypo.  Forever getting a reading of < 4mmol/L. At the end of the day, I became PIK CIK (very frustrated).

Before I went Beijing, I read some articles saying that China's food is mainly carbohydrate food. Diabetics may tend to experience hyperglycemia, rather than hypoglycemia due to consumption of high carbo containing food. I ate the same amount of food, with less unit of insulin dose. at the end, hypo also! Blame the weather *narrowing eyes

Hence, I ate more food with less insulin dose for the first 2 days. Perhaps I was too happily eating carbo food without worrying. On the third day. Finally. The rumour of getting hyperglycemia (Guess maybe my body was starting to adapt to the lower temperature already).

Seriously, 5 years of relationship. Sometimes, I really don't quite understand you sugar.


No comments:

Post a Comment