15.3.13

Embarrassed moment

Today, as usual went to PPUKM hospital for dietetics posting.

Morning time I had hyperglycemia of 10.1mmol/L. So I have eaten less breakfast, so that my sugar can have enough of insulin to go down the graph into the normal range.

Well, things did not turn up like what I wished. I went hypo while counselling a patient.
That counselling session was an easy case:

"A 23 years old female, Indian, vegetarian coming in as an overweight person and diagnosed with PCOS, referred to dietitian for weight reducing diet. "

Just weight reduction for goodness sake. And patient is a vegetarian. And patient eats Roti Canai (2 pieces) frequently (which contributes to the high calorie diet that leads to her overweight). WHY hypoglycemia always makes me look stupid?! ARGHHH

Roopini told me that I was repeating and repeatingggg what patient has told me. Patient must be scratching her head looking at me. AHHH whenever I recalled the situation, I feel like slapping myself hard!

I even slept in the counselling room later on when it wasn't my turn to counsel. I do really feel like digging a hole to hide my face into the deep deep soil, after I gained back consciousness. Luckily there is no discrimination in class. My supervisor understands my issue, so she just asked me to be more careful and alert next time, in a very friendly way, fortunately :')

I hope my patient will not remember me *Opps



No comments:

Post a Comment