23.2.14

Injection sites curiosity

Ever since I have memories, I remember the first time I cried so dramatic over an injection pain was when my mom brought me for earrings-punching-hole. I was about 5 years old, probably got scared of that loud punch-hole gun sound. 

During Primary One, I remembered some of my classmates were crying over the Rubella injection. I guess I was afraid, but I acted steady, wanted to be different from others haha!

When I was diagnosed, I didn't quite understand about T1DM. So, when the nurse was teaching me to inject my abdomen using syringe, I was very steady too (which I should not be). That time, I didn't know that this injection thing wasn't an one-off thing. Until when I totally fell apart, collapsed in my room after I finally knew what has actually happened.

I always have curiosity for all the possible injection sites. Below is the permitted injection sites. 

Picture adapted from www.lantus.com

I have always been curious about injecting insulin on my knee (so far haven't try one yet, hmm better not). However, I tried injecting on my thigh's bruise before, I can tell you the moment the insulin flows out from my pen, touches the broken blood capillaries, it was Tremendously Terrifying. So damn painful! As in Syok gila, the bahasa word.

Yesterday I cleared my another curiosity, I injected the insulin on the mosquito bites bump on my thigh. Totally no sensation on that site, even after the insulin flowed in. But, I guess it can cause mal-absorption of insulin. This morning's sugar was slightly high, despite yesterday night time's in-range sugar level. 

Curiosity kills the cat. In order to stop myself from being killed, I google-d this: 

(Better put this picture small)

Though this might not be an infection due to insulin injections, but still having goosebumps!!! Okay, stop risking your injection sites, cbs. 

No comments:

Post a Comment