23.2.14

Planning injection units

"How to plan the number of units to inject before you know what food will be served to you?"

Just came back from my grandmother's birthday at Bahau, Negeri Sembilan. All of us went to the chinese restaurant for dinner, then back to grandma's house for birthday cake cutting.

I thought tonight's dinner would be of carbs heavy one. But, ended up to have only one carb-food, Long Life Noodles (寿面), for the whole course of 7 dishes. I was like: Alamak, what to do now. I have already injected 10units of Actrapid for this dinner. The whole night I was searching for other types of food in the restaurant. Everyone must be thinking: Omg why today this Bing so hungry? Sedangkan I was actually hunting more carbs for my injected insulin.

Anyhow, at 1.00am (when it's time to inject my night time insulin Insulatard), this is what happened:


Lesson learnt is don't get too exhilarated by a party and please consider whether to inject extra or not for the party next time.

Poor me. Just got this GlucoTabs (Tangy Orange) from my little cousin all the way from UK today, and I already started binging on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment