15.4.14

Cauliflower Pizza Crust


I can eat quite a lot of food at one go. For pizza, I can eat up to 3 slices of thick crust pizza and still having some spaces for Diet Coke. 

Pizza always gives me high BG due to the thick crust of flour and tomato paste and etc. And I will never get satisfied eating thin crust, unless I eat the whole personal thin crust pizza all by myself. haha

Last week I was browsing through some culinary videos on YouTube and was locked on low carb pizza making videos! Low carb pizza? How can it be possible? To make the crust, still have to use flour, isn't it? Cauliflower itself will not form a pizza crust dough, but we can always use binders like cheese and egg! What a wonderful piece of creation for those like me! :)

It was a last minute thought of making a pizza at home. I just went out to buy those shredded pizza cheese and cheddar cheese, which are never available in my mom's fridge. At my home, Asian dishes are the staple food :p

These are the ingredients that I used.


These are for the pizza toppings. You can put in everything that you preferred! But please don't go overboard. At the end, these toppings are too bulky for my small pizza dough. So, I gave up putting tomatoes. I did pan-fry the chicken slices, broccolis and carrot pieces before they were being topped on pizza.


For the cauliflower pizza dough:


I used a whole cauliflower head that was available in the fridge. Coarsely cut it into pieces and put into the food processor. Then, pulse all the pieces until they were all shredded like picture below.


Pour some olive oil on the pan, and pan-fry the shredded cauliflower for about 5-10 minutes until softened and cooked. I added some salt to taste during this process. But, thinking back, it is actually not necessary to put salt here because the cheese that I used to bind later on already has flavors. 


Now making the dough!
After letting those shredded cauliflower cooled down, please dry it by putting the shredded cauliflower on a piece of white cloth (I used the cloth that my mom used to filter her homemade soya milk), then hand-squeezed all the water out! Make sure the cauliflower flour is dry! This is the most crucial part, otherwise your dough won't be successful. Mine was a little bit slight wet, then :p

I put in the wrong cheese. Should have put in the shredded mozzarella pizza cheese instead, not this cheddar cheese piece.

Preheat the oven to 180 degree C. And spread out the pizza dough on the baking pan like this.



Put the baking pan into the oven and bake for 5 to 10minutes or until the cheese bubbles up and there are slight brown edges on the sides.

Little claps when I saw these lovely brown edges!

The last step is all according to your preferences. I topped on my pan-fried chicken, broccoli, carrots, onions and mushroom. Of course, not forgetting the shredded mozzarella pizza cheese! Now, into the oven for about 10 minutes.



TA-DAHHHH!



I should put in more cheese, right? :p
I will definitely make this again when I am back home next time. Because I didn't eat much that day because this small pizza was shared among 4 people and many of my family members didn't get the chance to have the whole piece of it.

Oh ya, the video that I refered to is this one. So easy to make! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment