3.4.14

Eat to Live & Live to Eat


Which category you think belongs to you?
The same 3 words, but when you arrange them in separate ways, totally distinct meaning.

I put my title as "Eat to live And (&) Live to eat", because I do not agree with putting Or (/) in this quotation.

If you were to choose either one...
Let's talk about EAT to LIVE. It's kinda sad when you hear someone says: "Oh food is just my fuel, I eat because I need to keep my heart pumping. That's it." Food is colourful and should be creative! Food is not medication (though some medications can be quite colourful lol) that only treat or control your diseases. Food is a Wonderful Enjoyment in life! Food surely is not fuel that only cause you to gain weight and gain fats. When you gain much weight and body fat, most certainly is related to Metabolism and Mindful eating. Don't blame real food

Secondly, let's talk about LIVE to EAT. Oh, I continually encounter people who practise live to eat and believe me, I struggle hard to make them change. Even require extra effort to make him/her sit there for consultation.  Because a dietitian will make sure all their favourite foods are being eliminated. Wronggg! The moment I said healthy eating plan, I am so not going to ruin your "purpose in life" which is to eat. You will never go wrong by a variety of REAL healthy FOOD. And when I mentioned healthy eating plan, I am not saying the bland dull food. I am talking about Real Food cooking which is worth changing your eating habits for! Try a different cooking method, try using spices for a new flavor happening on your tongue, try exploring adding fruit and vegetables in your cooking and baking!

It's again the BALANCE of these two. Any extremity of either one, is a nonono. Enjoy your real food for the fuel, nutrients, satisfaction and pleasure that you can get from it!

_______________________________________________________________________________

Everytime I talk about real food, I get really hungry. And my rented house here is having water rationing for April. The whole April month. @#$%@#$% Seriously, I really pik cik (frustrated).

Yesterday night went to Cold Storage and wanted to buy some avocados. But, they don't sell there. Probably have to go Jaya Grocer. Aiks.

Anyway, I bought a very expensive potato chips. I like how they specified the amount of carbohydrates in the chips. Really interesting informative Food Label for potato chips.



So precisely, about 13 chips = 16g carbs (1 serving!)
Now that I know how much to put in my bowl for snacking next time. But, at times, counting 26 chips every time I snack, can be quite bothering. I rather boil 2 medium potatoes, sprinkles salt pepper and eat haha!

No comments:

Post a Comment