2.3.14

Online community support

I still can remember the time when I decided to message Scott's Diabetes's Facebook page was when I seriously thought that T1DM had ruined my life. I don't have family or friends that can understand how I feel (at that time, I do not know any of the T1Ds in Malaysia yet). That night, I was so damn emotional after my mom and my brother were sort of like blaming me for not taking care of myself, causing hypoglycemia to happen. I love my mom whole heartedly for she is the one who loves me more than herself, takes care of me, cried with me when I fell apart because of T1DM (Okay, crying is good as it helped us both feel relieved). 

But, that night. I was feeling so isolated that nobody truly understands how I feel, even my mom. With all new friends, new tasks, new environment in University, I strived, I tried hard to do well in diabetes management. Every day I wake up thinking about diabetes and I end my day on the bed thinking about diabetes. 

I attend a class, thinking about it.
I go on stage for presentation, thinking about it. 
I walk to the bus stop, thinking about it.
I go for swimming, thinking about it.
I approach the lecturer, thinking about it.
I do discussions with friends, thinking about it.
When I sit for an exam, I will think about it before I go into the exam hall, during the exam, after the exam.

And when I carelessly don't think about it, that is when the stupid-iest thing would happen.


I felt so heartwarming after talking to Scott, though it was only just a few sentences. Suddenly all of my stupid, strange, unusual actions make reasonable in the eyes of T1Ds. Thank you, Scott. Thanks to the awesome Online Community Support and all the wonderful T1D bloggers out there!

I will never ever like diabetes, for all that it has done for me. 
But, I choose and I learn to live with it until...... A CURE is found one day. 

7 comments:

  1. Of all the ones you could've sent a message to, I'm glad you chose Scott. He can be very encouraging and is a really good guy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually I didn't choose. It was a fate, a coincidence that the previous day I was reading his blog :) Thumbs up to you too! :)

      Delete
  2. Wow!

    Such a wonderful post - thank you!

    I remember your message well, and I'm very glad to have your voice in our wonderful community!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's my pleasure to be in this Big Family :)

      Delete
  3. We all have our unpleasant moments. Always remember that diabetes is a learning process that can take many years, even for close family members to learn. I am glad you have found the support of the online community. We are here for you. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed I am still learning. Very thankful to join this community :)

      Delete
  4. Life goes on. Keep up, you are truly a brave girl.

    ReplyDelete