26.3.14

Hypoglycemia related headache


The reason for this headache is a sudden rush of sugar into the body system after I eat. I don't always get this kind of terrible headache when I eat something in order to restore my sugar level from hypoglycemia. 

I am kinda phobia towards the headache which attacked me a couple of times already. The headache was so horrible that I can't sleep nor do anything. Panadol did a little help. But the headache really made me feel like banging my head to the wall (which I actually already did in the last attack).

During the headache period, the sugar level was completely in range. Just the headache was really killing me. Sometimes I just don't understand how my body behaves. 

I have to keep emergency pain killer with me. Just in case this sudden attack of headache. I know it's weird that I failed to figure out why this happened, after all it is my body. Why is it that I am not aware of my body! Sometimes a more severe hypoglycemia will not give rise to this at all, but sometimes out of the blue moon, it will occur. 

Tonight. Now. I think it is coming back. Not sure if I was encountering hypoglycemia just now before dinner. Current sugar level is normal, two hours after food. 



The pain is arising bit by bit, very similar to those of previous times. To prevent the severe attack later, I'd better pop in two Panadol first.

I search online for this hypoglycemic headache related articles, some say it is because of the sudden rush of sugar into the body system, the sugar hit the brain cells so much that it causes them to expand and hence triggering the headache. It is definitely not a migraine because it strikes the whole head, not one part only. 

Hmmm...or this headache is not related to T1DM at all? Or it is just the stress that I am having? But I can cope with stress, I don't get headaches because of stress. Also, this pain always comes after food.

Not sure if I am right for relating all nuisances to T1DM every so often.

No comments:

Post a Comment